Texas PRSSA – Dr. Alan Scott Chapter, formed in 1868, is one of the largest chapters in the nation located in the heart of a thriving city. As one of the founding chapters, our focus is to provide an out-of-the-classroom experience that gives students, regardless of their major, an enhanced knowledge of the public relations field. Our focus on professional development and engagement is centered on the success of our members.
Besides being a part of the foremost organization for students interested in public relations and communications, you will also experience many of these great opportunities, resources and benefits:
- Industry professional guest speakers ranging from environmental, hospitality, corporate, governmental and agency fields
- Engaging mentor program offers personal interaction with professionals in the Austin area
- Exclusive internship and job postings
- Resume and career building workshops
- Preparation for Communication Career Fairs
- Networking events with local professionals and peers
- Exclusive agency visits in Austin
- Nationwide network of other PR professionals and students from other PRSSA chapters
- Opportunities to attend exciting national PRSSA events such as the annual PRSSA National Conference
- Fun social events
- Discounted PRSA membership after graduation – $60 instead of $225 for non-members
Through the vast amount of opportunities offered by PRSSA, many of our members have interned at reputable companies and world class agencies such as Whole Foods, SXSW, Warner Bros., Paramount Studios, Coca-Cola, Fleishman Hillard, Cohn & Wolfe, Weber Shadwick, and Edelman.
Meet our Executive board
You can find more information about getting in touch with our chapter here.