Welcome back to school, returning and new Longhorns! The Forty Acres is always bursting with energy in the fall, and there are many ways for everyone to find an organization that shares their passions.
Whether you’re a seasoned senior or new to college chaos, UT PRSSA has a lot to offer students interested in learning more about the communications community. The Executive Board has been working hard this summer to make this semester our best yet, and we think students of all experience levels will find a place in the Alan Scott chapter.
Last year, we kicked off several initiatives to make UT PRSSA more about giving our members hands-on experiences in PR and communications. Engaging speaker meetings, philanthropy efforts, social events, chapter leadership committees and the return of the mentor program and Longhorn Networking ensured all our members had the opportunity to get an out-of-the-classroom PR experience.
This fall, we’ll continue to provide our members fun and enriching opportunities to learn more about public relations and pack on some professional credentials. Socials with sister PRSSA chapters, networking events with our professional chapter, PRSA Austin, campaign involvement opportunities, PRSSA 2012 National Conference and social and service initiatives make UT PRSSA an easy way to get involved academically and socially.
Check out our calendar and dates below for times to get in on the fun with one of the largest and oldest PRSSA chapters in the nation:
- Sept. 5: Tabling at Party on the Plaza, Gregory Plaza
- Sept. 11: First meeting of the semester
- Sept. 18: Social event: Austin’s Pizza
- Sept. 25: Second chapter meeting
- Oct. 9: Third chapter meeting
- Oct. 11-16: PRSSA National Conference, San Francisco, CA
- Oct. 16: Bateman Case Study Info Session/Brainstorm
- Oct. 23: Longhorn Networking
- Nov. 6: Fourth chapter meeting
- Nov. 14: Agency Visit TBA
- Nov. 20: Social event TBA
- Dec. 4: Farewell get-together
- Dec. 8: End-of-semester happy hour TBA